Acceptance of the Terms
By visiting, registering, and using the Site in any manner, you signify your agreement to the Terms as they are listed below. These Terms may be modified and it will be your responsibility as the user or visitor to periodically visit the Terms page to keep yourself up to date. Your continued use of the Site after revisions are made will indicate your acceptance of the modified Terms.
Registration and Account
All the magic happens after your register with the Site. In order to register for the Site, though, you must agree to the following:
- You are at least 13 years of age.
- You are not a convicted sex offender.
- You will not submit false information about yourself or impersonate another individual or a representative of an individual or business you are not directly associated with.
- You will not create an account for someone other than yourself.
- You will provide current and accurate contact and login information.
- Your username will not be inappropriate or offensive, as deemed by us. We have the right to remove or replace your username if we feel it is unfit for use on the Site.
- You are responsible with keeping your personal information and login details private. Your username will be publicly visible.
- You will not share personal information and/or account details of another user.
- Should you violate any of the Terms, we reserve the right to terminate your account and ban you from the Site indefinitely.
- Once banned from the Site, you will not be permitted to register for a new account unless granted permission by a representative of the Site.
We love when people contribute to the Site, that’s an important part of building a community. Here “User Submissions” is any content provided by you as the user. This includes, but is not limited to, game descriptions, game reviews, game ratings, game collection info, game tallies, photos, graphic art or text, username, and any comments. By sharing in this community, you agree that:
- Your User Submissions are not illegal, harassing, offensive, abusive, inappropriate, pornographic, or incites violence against any group or individual.
- Your User Submissions are, to the best of your knowledge and capability, accurate and truthful and adds value to the existence of the Site.
- Your User Submissions do not violate or infringe on any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, or other intellectual property rights of third parties.
- By submitting your content to the Site, you grant the Site and its owners worldwide, non-exclusive, transferable, royalty free license to use, modify, publish (or not publish), reproduce, distribute, and repurpose with or without attribution to you, and without requirement of payment or notice.
- Your User Submissions are not spam, viruses, trojan horses, machine- or randomly-generated, or other destructive content.
- Your User Submissions do not contain personal or private information that would violate another individual’s rights.
- The contents of your User Submissions are of your own creation and belong to yourself only or that you have evidence of permission or license to use the content by the content owner.
- You are solely responsible for the contents of your User Submissions and understand that contents are publicly viewable, and can be traced to your username.
- You will avoid disclosing confidential and personal information about yourself and your family.
General Rules of Conduct
This is a catch all section in case the others aren’t enough to make sure all users can participate on the Site in harmony. All the rules can be summed up by Wil Wheaton’s excellent law “DON’T BE A D*CK!” If you want more clarity on this (REALLY?!), please see the following:
- You will not use, copy, modify, download, remove or do other bad things to our logos, trademarks, copyrights, or misleadingly similar marks without our written consent.
- Though “spiders” and “robots” are cool in movies and tv, we don’t want them accessing our site. You will not use these or any other automated system which could hamper the performance of our servers or collect personally identifiable information.
- You will not use this website for your own advertising or commercial purposes without our authorization.
- If you feel your intellectual property has been violated or infringed upon, please contact us with a DMCA notice immediately.
- You will not remove or alter any url, disclaimer, source reference, copyright, trademark, logo, or other proprietary notice that is in or on the Site.
- You will not distribute, sell, publish, display, reproduce, alter, or incorporate into another website Site content or other User Submissions, in part or in whole, without our permission.
We do our best to produce a top quality website, but we are only human. You agree that your use of the Site is on an “as is” basis. We do not offer any warranty for bugs encountered through your use. This includes, but is not limited to, mistakes, errors, inaccuracies, interruptions of service, or inoperability of the Site or its contents. We also do not offer any warranty for any personal or property damage caused by use of our website.
Limitation of Liability
Sorry folks, under no circumstances are we liable to you in any way for any damages or loss of savings/profits caused by, but not limited to, mistakes, errors, inaccuracies, interruptions of service, or inoperability of the Site or its contents. You, as a user of the Site, bear all risk and responsibility for the performance of this website.last updated: January 2014